Henry Martín was the man of the match in the first ‘El Super Clásico’
The Mexican international scored a brace in Club América’s 3-0 victory against Chivas at the Akron stadium for matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament.
Club América came, saw and conquered the first ‘El Super Clásico’ of the year on Sunday night after defeating Chivas 3-0 at the Akron stadium for matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. Henry Martín was the man of the match after scoring a brace (45’, 75’) and Sebastián Córdova scored in the 79th minute.
Martín celebrated both of his goals like former América legend Cuauhtémoc Blanco and after the match he explained that he wanted to pay tribute to him for his legacy and for what he did for this club, especially in Mexico’s biggest football rivalry.
Chivas is Martín’s favorite client
Henry Martín arrived at Club América on 1 January 2018 and since then he hasn’t stopped scoring in the most important games against the biggest rivals. The 28-year-old has scored four goals against Chivas, two against Pumas UNAM and one against Cruz Azul.
The Mexican international has scored 6 goals and 2 assists in 11 appearances in the current 2021 Guardianes tournament. He has become a key player under new manager Santiago Solari because he has started 9 of the 11 games this tournament and came in as a substitute twice.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?