Dani Alves: "Ramos is the best defender I've faced, he could be a real pain..."
The Sao Paulo right-back answered questions on Instagram, and looked back over some of the highlights and memorable moments of his career.
Former Barcelona right-back Dani Alves took some time out to answer questions on Instagram and during the chat he revealed that his old Sevilla team mate Sergio Ramos was the toughest defender he has faced during his playing career: “Sergio Ramos - because he could be a real pain,” the Brazilian replied jokingly. After both players left Sevilla, Alves and Ramos were rivals for many years, the Spaniard at Real Madrid and Alves at Barça. The rivalry they had in countless Clásicos, in which both were occasionally the protagonists for their defensive performances as well as for their goals.
Alves also confessed that he would have loved to have played alongside another Real Madrid who he faced dozens of times - Cristiano Ronaldo. The São Paulo defender is the most decorated player in football history but sees himself behind the man he considers the best right-back in history, Cafú. He also spoke about his problematic exit from Barcelona to join PSG in the summer of 2016: “I didn't believe in the board who were at the club at that time and later, my instincts were proved right. As I was the first to speak out, people thought I was completely mad; actually I am a bit mad, but in a nice way...”
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22