Bryan Gil: Sevilla plan to slap €100m price tag on Spain star amid Barcelona, Real Madrid link
Sevilla are in talks with Bryan Gil and are looking to raise his release clause to €100-€150m with interest in the winger from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Arsenal.
Bryan Gil has emerged as one of the most exciting young players in LaLiga during his loan spell at Eibar, with his performances for the Gunners earning the winger a call-up to Luis Enrique’s Spain squad for the current round of World Cup qualifiers. Gil has been in exceptional form under the tutelage of José Luis Mendilibar at Ipurua and Sevilla are keen to tie the 20-year-old down to a new deal that will either put of potential suitors, with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Arsenal all credited with an interest, or land the Sánchez Pizjuán a huge windfall.
Gil is under contract at Sevilla until 2023 with a release clause of €50 million. That should be enough to give most sides some pause for thought over pursuing the winger but Sevilla are intent on covering all their bases when it comes to the young Spain international and are set to offer an extension to 2025 while hiking Gil’s clause to €100m as a minimum, €150m if all parties are in agreement.
Lopetegui: "God willing he will be an important player for Sevilla"
Monchi is sure Gil is on the path to global stardom and wants some insurance that he will not be allowed to leave on the cheap, although Sevilla would much rather he remain at the Sánchez Pizjuán when he returns from his loan spell at Eibar.
Julen Lopetegui, who rarely singles out individual players, is also hoping he will have Gil under his charge for 2021-22: “God willing, he will be an important player for Sevilla next season,” the former Real Madrid and Spain manager said of the 20-year-old a few days ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August