Club América come from behind to beat Necaxa
Giovani dos Santos found the back of the net in the 60th minute to give the ‘Eagles’ the three points at the Azteca stadium on matchday 13.
Club América are in top shape as they defeated Necaxa 2-1 on matchday 13 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament and they remain undefeated in their last five league games. They are currently in second place with 31 points and a record of 10-1-2 with four games left of the regular season.
The visiting team took the lead in the 40th minute thanks to a goal from Martín Barragán, but the home team answered back before the break. Richard Sánchez scored a stunner from a free kick to equalize the game and give them a boost prior to the start of the second half.
Giovani scored his first goal of the tournament
Giovani dos Santos hadn’t played since 21 February, missing two games due to injuries and twice he was left on the bench. For the match against Necaxa the ‘Eagles’ manager Santiago Solari decided to put the former Mexican international in the starting XI.
In the 60th minute Dos Santos headed the ball into the back of the net to give América the victory and the three points to remain in second place. This was the first goal of the tournament for the 31-year-old in five appearances. América will travel to Monterrey to play Tigres UANL on 10 April on matchday 14 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?