Club América come from behind to beat Necaxa
Giovani dos Santos found the back of the net in the 60th minute to give the ‘Eagles’ the three points at the Azteca stadium on matchday 13.
Club América are in top shape as they defeated Necaxa 2-1 on matchday 13 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament and they remain undefeated in their last five league games. They are currently in second place with 31 points and a record of 10-1-2 with four games left of the regular season.
The visiting team took the lead in the 40th minute thanks to a goal from Martín Barragán, but the home team answered back before the break. Richard Sánchez scored a stunner from a free kick to equalize the game and give them a boost prior to the start of the second half.
Giovani scored his first goal of the tournament
Giovani dos Santos hadn’t played since 21 February, missing two games due to injuries and twice he was left on the bench. For the match against Necaxa the ‘Eagles’ manager Santiago Solari decided to put the former Mexican international in the starting XI.
In the 60th minute Dos Santos headed the ball into the back of the net to give América the victory and the three points to remain in second place. This was the first goal of the tournament for the 31-year-old in five appearances. América will travel to Monterrey to play Tigres UANL on 10 April on matchday 14 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth