Matthew Hoppe suffers relegation with Schalke 04
Arminia Bielefeld defeated Schalke 1-0 on matchday 30 of the Bundesliga 2020/21 season and they have been relegated for the fourth time in their history.
Matthew Hoppe is having a breakout season in the Bundesliga with Schalke 04. The United States player has scored five goals in 18 appearances and due to the several reports of Premier League teams keen on signing him, the bosses offered him his first pro contract and the teenager accepted. Hoppe decided to sign with Schalke until 2023 even though his team was facing relegation.
Season ‘comes to an end’
Unfortunately not everything has been positive for Hoppe, because on Tuesday Schalke lost 1-0 to Arminia Bielefeld on matchday 30 of the Bundesliga and he didn’t see any minutes in this match. The ‘Royal Blues’ knew that only a victory could save them from relegation because Cologne’s victory against RB Leipzig earlier in the day put them in a win or go home situation.
So with the defeat against Arminia they suffered their fourth relegation in their Bundesliga history. There are four games left of the 2020/21 Bundesliga season and their next match will be against Eintracht Frankfurt on 15 May. Schalke 04 are in last place with a record of 2-7-21 and they only have 13 out of 90 possible points.
Hoppe’s future up in the air
The United States striker has taken his chance and shown that he has potential in the games he has played this season. Even though he is open to continujng at Schalke even if they were relegated, he could leave this summer with a market value of only $110,000. According to multiple reports, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham have shown recent interest in Hoppe due to his performances.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?