Real Madrid vs Real Betis: Hazard back in squad for LaLiga clash
Eden Hazard could return to Real Madrid action against Real Betis on Saturday, while Luka Modric is back after missing the midweek win over Cádiz.
Eden Hazard has returned to the Real Madrid squad for Los Blancos' LaLiga clash with Real Betis on Saturday (3pm EDT, 9 pm CEST).
Hazard could make first Real Madrid appearance in a month and a half
Hazard, 30, has not featured for Madrid since suffering a calf strain after coming on as a late substitute in a 2-1 home league win over Elche in mid-March.
Modric returns to contention after missing Cádiz win
Luka Modric, who sat out Wednesday’s 3-0 LaLiga victory at Cádiz due to a back problem, is also fit to face Betis at the Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano.
Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane had confirmed the pair's availability in his pre-match press conference on Friday, telling reporters: "Modric will be back and as for Hazard… he’ll be in the squad, too. That’s another good piece of news for us."
Kroos, Valverde, Ramos, Vázquez and Mendy all out
However, Toni Kroos was again unable to train with the group on Friday and remains out with a muscle issue, and Federico Valverde is self-isolating after testing positive for covid-19.
Sergio Ramos, Lucas Vázquez and Ferland Mendy are also currently in the Real Madrid sick bay.
In Mendy’s absence, Marcelo is expected to keep his place at left-back against Betis, with Zidane likely to again opt for a three-man central defence of Éder Militao, Raphaël Varane and Nacho Fernández.
Youngsters Blanco and Arribas also in squad
Castilla player Antonio Blanco remains in the squad after impressing against Cádiz on his league debut for Madrid, while fellow 'B'-team player Sergio Arribas is also included.
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: LaLiga title race now a capital affair
- Climate News Carbon Tax: What is it and who is calling for the federal government to implement one?
- Real Madrid Kroos' season could be over after covid-19 contact
- FA CUP FA Cup prize money: how much do the winners get?
- Coupe de France final PSG: Neymar banned for Coupe de France final against Monaco
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?