Erling Haaland staying at Dortmund next season, says Zorc
Erling Haaland is admired by Europe's biggest clubs, but Borussia Dortmund are determined to keep the Norwegian striker for next season.
Where will Erling Haaland play his football next season? It's one of the biggest transfer questions being asked, but it appears to now have a firm answer, from the Borussia Dortmund sporting director, Michael Zorc, who has claimed he's not going anywhere.
Haaland staying at Dortmund, says Zorc
The likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Champions League finalists Manchester City have been strongly linked with a move for the 20-year-old Norwegian striker.
Haaland joined Dortmund from Salzburg midway through the 2019-20 season and has scored a flood of goals for the Bundesliga side.
His double helped Dortmund beat RB Leipzig 4-1 in the DFB-Pokal final in Berlin on Thursday, and BVB chief Zorc has stressed he will be going nowhere in the near future.
Haaland is reported to have a clause allowing him to leave for a set price in the region of €75million at the end of next season, while his contract runs until 2024.
"We are still planning with him. He will play for us next season," Zorc told Sky Sport in Germany before Saturday's Bundesliga match at Mainz.
Haaland was not among the goals in a 3-1 Dortmund win, but did tee up Julian Brandt for BVB's final goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother