Reggie Cannon could be transferred to the Serie A this summer
The United States men’s national team had a strong first season with Boavista FC in the Primeira Liga, waking up the interest of a team in Serie A.
In September 2020, FC Dallas sold Reggie Cannon to Boavista FC who joined the Primeira Liga side on a 5-year-deal. Since then he has made 30 league appearances for the Portuguese side and he has given one assist.
On his way out after a strong season
The United States men’s international team player adapted rapidly and well with Boavista FC and he has woken up the interest of other clubs in Europe. According to CBS Sports, Reggie Cannon could be transferred to Serie A side Spieza during the summer transfer window.
The negotiations between both sides are about to be over and the transfer could be announced in the next few weeks. Boavista FC can’t afford to have Reggie Cannon for a second season because they are facing relegation with one game left of the regular season.
For that reason they had planned to loan the 22-year-old to Lille next year with the option to make the move permanent, but the negotiations fell apart. So the bosses from the Portuguese side moved on and started negotiating with Spieza and according to the report, “the deal is 99 percent done.” It is also reported that in case something goes wrong with the Serie A side, there are other teams who would be interested in signing the USMNT player.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59