99% certain that Koeman will leave Barça claim RAC 1
The disappointing end to the season could be the undoing for the Dutch coach with Laporta eyeing Xavi as a potential successor for the Camp Nou bench.
Local Catalan radio network RAC-1 maintain that Ronald Koeman's time as FC Barcelona head coach is coming to an end and that the Dutchman has failed to secure the confidence of Joan Laporta with the new president anxious to bring in his own man for the 2021/22 season.
Despite winning the Copa del Rey title this year, a disappointing start to the season and a run of poor recent results which have ended the Catalan side's title aspirations have been instrumental in the decision making process for Laporta despite Koeman having another year to run on his contract.
The club are now on the hunt for a replacement with Xavi Hernandez in pole position to make a return to Barça in a coaching capacity. Other names linked with the Barcelona bench are: Jurgen Klopp, Mikel Arteta, Ten Haag and even Jordi Cruyff.
Just last week Joan Laporta and Ronald Koeman met in Barcelona's exclusive Via Veneto restaurant for a meeting where future plans were apparently on the agenda with the fate of the Dutch coach set to be made official next week according to the Catalan radio station.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22