Christian Pulisic underperformed in his second year with Chelsea
The United States international is one of the players that didn’t perform as expected after having a brilliant first year at Stamford Bridge.
The Premier League season will end tomorrow for Chelsea when they face Aston Villa on matchday 38. Currently they are in third place with 67 points (19-10-8) and a victory will secure third place. After that game, the London side has the UEFA Champions League final ahead against Manchester City on 29 May at the Estádio do Dragão.
Pulisic’s numbers dropped
During his freshman year at Stamford Bridge, the United States international scored 11 goals and gave 10 assists in the Premier League, but this year he only has four goals and one assist, with one game left. His numbers dropped during his second year with Chelsea and a big reason for that is the string of injuries that prevented him from earning a starting role throughout the campaign.
During the 2019-2020 Premier League season, Pulisic accumulated 2,348 minutes, so he can surpass that number if he plays a total of 11 minutes in the one game Chelsea has left. According to data collected by Statsbomb, the United States men’s national team player didn’t improve his performance with Chelsea compared to last year.
After the end of the UEFA Champions League, Pulisic is set to return to the United States and join the USMNT training camp. The United States men’s national team will participate in the CONCACAF Nations League finals in June and then the Gold Cup will start in July.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?