Gareth Bale arrives back in Madrid
According to El Chiringuito, the Welsh forward arrived in the Spanish capital on Sunday night, just hours after scoring in Spurs win over Leicester.
Just a few hours after bagging a couple of goals in Tottenham's final game of the Premier League season against Leicester, Gareth Bale returned to Madrid on a private jet, according to El Chiringuito de Jugones. Bale's presence in the capital has generated speculation but the simple reason why he is back is to be able to see his family who live in Madrid. It's understandable that with the domestic season over, he would wants to see his wife and children and spend a few days with them before he joins up with the Wales squad for next month's Euros.
What happens next for Bale remains uncertain. His loan spell at Tottenham has come to an end and as he himself said after the Leicester game, now isn't the moment to make any big announcements. “It just has to happen after the Euros. I know what I'm doing but it'll just cause chaos if I say anything now," he explained after finishing the league campaign with a brace against Leicester and effectively ruining the Foxes' chances of qualifying for next season's Champions League. "Right now, I'm nothing thinking about anything other than Wales and ending the season in the best way possible,” Bale told Sky Sports.
Bale ended the season playing just 34 games for Tottenham, but his goal-scoring figures haven't been bad at all - he ends on 16 goals, on top of which he handed out three assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers