Mayweather admits to having 'no strategy' ahead of Logan Paul bout
Floyd Mayweather Jr faces off against YouTube personality Logan Paul in an exhibition fight in Miami (Florida) on 6 June.
The fight was originally scheduled for February, but was delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Mayweather undefeated, inexperienced Logan Paul yet to win
Mayweather, 44, retired from professional boxing in 2017 with a 50-0 record, having won world titles in no fewer than five weight classes during an illustrious, two-decade career.
Paul's boxing record is rather less impressive: the 26-year-old met fellow social-media star KSI in two exhibition fights in 2018 and 2019, drawing the first and losing the second.
🗣 "For those people telling me that it's impossible, you'd be lying if you said there wasn't a chance that I could beat him."— SPORTbible (@sportbible) May 25, 2021
Logan Paul isn't fighting Floyd Mayweather for fun, this s**t is personal! 😬https://t.co/ztlhDtNILE
Speaking to Barstool Sports just a few days ahead of the bout, Mayweather confirmed that he had not planned a strategy ahead of the fight. The 44-year-old brashly stated: "If I want it to go just one round then it'll be one, if I want it to end in round 2...It's all up to me".
How can I watch Mayweather vs Paul?
The Mayweather vs Paul fight, which is due to begin at 8pm EDT, will be available to watch on a pay-per-view basis on Showtime US (United States only) and Fanmio (worldwide), at a price of $49.99.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?