Fernando Torres announces his return to football
The Atlético Madrid legend, who is also remembered very fondly at Liverpool, had hung up his boots in 2019. But it now appears that he's making a comeback.
Fernando Torres is preparing to play football again, or certainly that is what appears to be happening.
Torres to return to playing...but where?
The Atlético Madrid legend, who is now 37, posted an enigmatic message on his social media accounts that has sparked all kinds of comments among his followers.
"I only understand life in one way: playing. That's why I've decided to return,” it read with the hashtag ‘#vuelveelniño’, translated to #elniñoreturns’.
He says he will announce where his is planning on playing in three days’ time. "This Friday I will communicate where,” he said, only driving the interest further. What a tease!
El Niño, as he was affectionately known, hung up his boots in August 2019 as a player of Sagan Tosu, a year after leaving Atlético following his second spell there. He has also made a huge impression on Liverpool fans during his time there, and to a lesser degree in the blue of Chelsea.
After his retirement, Torres began to prepare himself to continue playing football and, in recent months, he has been part of the rojiblanco academy. He first came through there as a youngster and has recently been assisting with the coaching.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash