Sergiño Dest dispels Barcelona exit rumours
Dest played the full 90 minutes in the USMNT's 2-1 loss to Switzerland, which was their last exhibition game prior to the start of the Nations League semi-finals.
Sergiño Dest went through a lot of ups and downs during his freshman year with F.C. Barcelona. He adapted quickly, but failed to perform in key matches like the first leg of the round of 16 against Paris Saint-Germain at the Camp Nou in the UEFA Champions League this year.
Dest provided two goals and one assist in 40 appearances across all competitions with Barcelona during his first year. In summer of 2020 he signed a five-year-deal and he expects to stay for longer. The 20-year-old played the full 90 minutes in the United States’ 2-1 loss against Switzerland in their only friendly game prior to facing Honduras on 3 June in the semi final of the CONCACAF Nations League in Denver, Colorado.
Dest dispels rumors regarding his future
There has been speculation that Bayern Munich, Juventus and Arsenal are interested in signing the US player this summer, but he made clear that he wants to stay at Camp Nou.
“I will stay. My time at the Camp Nou has just started and I'm only thinking bout Barcelona,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement