USMNT: Gio Reyna may miss CONCACAF Gold Cup
The United States men’s international midfielder could be ruled out of the CONCACAF Gold Cup because he has to return to Borussia Dortmund’s pre-season.
The United States men’s national team has arrived in Denver, Colorado to prepare for the semi-final against Honduras on 3 June in the CONCACAF Nations League (CNL). The winner of the single-elimination match will advance to the final (6 June) awaiting the winners from the other semi-final between Mexico and Costa Rica.
After the participation of the USMNT in the CNL they will prepare for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which is scheduled to start on 10 July. The United States boss Gregg Berhalter has announced the roster for both tournaments this summer and he is counting on Gio Reyna from Borussia Dortmund.
USMNT is negotiating with the Bundesliga side
Unfortunately for the United States, the new manager of Borussia Dortmund, Marco Rose, wants to have Reyna back in time for the start of pre-season. The Bundesliga side starts training camp on 1 July, because the 2021/22 season begins on 13 August.
Berhalter has until 1 August to negotiate with Dortmund to keep Reyna during the Gold Cup this summer. During an interview with Ruhr Nachrichten, Dortmund head of players’ department Sebastian Kehl insisted that the United States international will indeed miss the Gold Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series