England's Harry Kane tells racist fans they're not wanted
Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho were abused online after missing penalties, but they have Harry Kane's backing.
Harry Kane has condemned the "vile racist abuse" Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho received after the Euro 2020 final.
Kane: "you're not an England fan"
The three England players missed penalties in a 3-2 shoot-out defeat to Italy following a 1-1 draw at Wembley on Sunday.
Saka's spot-kick, saved by Gianluigi Donnarumma, was decisive, while Rashford and Sancho were introduced in the closing minutes of extra time in order to boost England's shoot-out hopes.
The trio have subsequently been the subject of racist abuse on social media, prompting an angry response from the Football Association and manager Gareth Southgate.
Three lads who were brilliant all summer had the courage to step up & take a pen when the stakes were high. They deserve support & backing not the vile racist abuse they’ve had since last night. If you abuse anyone on social media you’re not an @England fan and we don’t want you. pic.twitter.com/PgskPAXgxV— Harry Kane (@HKane) July 12, 2021
Teenaged team-mate Jude Bellingham said the abuse was "hurtful but not surprising", and England captain Kane has now responded.
"Three lads who were brilliant all summer had the courage to step up & take a pen when the stakes were high," he wrote on Twitter.
"They deserve support & backing not the vile racist abuse they've had since last night.
"If you abuse anyone on social media you're not an @England fan and we don't want you."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game