$10,000 Missouri vaccine lottery: how to enter and sign up
Missouri's Gov. Mike Parson has unveiled the state's new ‘MO VIP’ vaccine lottery which will provide cash prizes and college funds for 900 vaccinated residents.
The latest state to introduce its own vaccination incentive is Missouri, after Gov. Mike Parson announced details of the ‘MO VIP’ vaccine lottery on Wednesday. The competition will see hundreds of vaccinated residents receive prizes across a series of drawings.
In a statement announcing the new incentive, Parson said: "Our current covid-19 situation is serious. This delta variant transmits faster than what we have previously seen and is more likely to impact children and the unvaccinated, so now is the perfect opportunity to get vaccinated and earn your shot at $10,000."
Early indicators suggest that the incentive is proving popular after 116,000 people registered for the lottery within the first 24 hours. However the system is slightly different to the lotteries introduced in other states so read on to find out how to be in with a shot of winning the $10,000 prizes.
How to enter the Missouri vaccine lottery
Unlike in the equivalents in many other states, resident who receive the vaccine will not be automatically entered into the draw. Recipients must enter themselves using the MO VIP vaccine incentive online portal, which will allow you to enter all necessary information. Alternatively you can contact the call centre on 877-435-8411, but you may experience a wait.
An unvaccinated nursing instructor in Missouri has been hospitalized with Covid-19. She's now urging everyone to get the vaccine. https://t.co/mZiQTC7LN1— CNN (@CNN) July 23, 2021
Entries will be accepted from 3pm CDT on Wednesday, 21 July until 11.59pm CDT on Wednesday, 6 October giving you plenty of time to get the vaccine and get registered. However, bear in mind that the draws will take place on a regular basis so the earlier you enter the more chances you will have to win.
What are the prizes for the MO VIP lottery?
Many states are offering a handful of residents the chance to win just a few ‘jackpot’ prizes, but in Missouri residents will have the chance to be one of 900 winners to pick up a $10,000 prize. Residents aged 18 and older will get that money in cash, while those aged 17 and younger will receive a $10,000 education savings account from the Missouri State Treasurer’s MOST 529 programme.
Missouri COVID vaccine incentive:— Jeanne Kuang (@JeanneKuang) July 21, 2021
-drawings every 2 wks starting 8/13 thru 10/8
-3 categories: adults with one shot by today, adults with one shot anytime after today, kids 12-17 with one shot any time https://t.co/ocrCkSctoc
The winners will be decided by five fortnightly drawings, starting on 13 August and ending on 8 October. However the state will not reveal the winners until 12 days after the draw is done.
Each draw will select 180 winners, to be taken from three groups:
- Red – Residents aged 18 and above who received at least one dose of a vaccine on or after 21 July. From this group, 80 winners will receive a $10,000 cash prize in each draw.
- White – Residents aged 18 and above who received at least one dose of a vaccine before 21 July. From this group, 80 winners will receive a $10,000 cash prize in each draw.
- Blue – Vaccinated residents aged from 12-17 will be entered into a draw to win a $10,000 education savings account, with 20 winners to be selected in each draw.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother