Gold Cup: USMNT struggle to beat Jamaica and reach semi-finals
The United States men’s national team defeated Jamaica 1-0 at AT&T Stadium and they will face Qatar in the next round of the 2021 Gold Cup.
The United States men’s national team had a tough matchup against Jamaica in the quarter-finals of the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup at AT&T Stadium. The team managed by Gregg Berhalter was unable to find the back of the net in the first 45 minutes.
Hoppe scores his first goal with the USMNT
The home team struggled to find the back of the net, but ‘wonder boy’ Matthew Hoppe headed the ball into the net in the 83rd minute to give the USMNT the win in Arlington, Texas. This was the first goal for the Schalke 04 striker with the national team and the most important in his professional career.
The Jamaica goalkeeper made some key saves during the 90 minutes, but he was unable to keep the clean sheet. With this win the United States men’s national team advanced to the semi-final of the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The USMNT will face Qatar on 28 July at Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. The other semi-final will be played between the Mexico national team against Canada at NRG Stadium. The winner of this round will advance to the final on 1 August in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher