A late screamer from Jesús Godínez gives Chivas a point against Juárez
The team from Guadalajara was able to secure one important point at home after a 2-2 draw against Juárez for matchday 3 of the 2021 Apertura tournament.
Chivas won their first three points of the campaign last weekend and they wanted to secure three more at home for matchday 3 of the 2021 Apertura tournament. But the team from Guadalajara suffered during the 90 minutes against Juárez at the Akron Stadium.
The visiting team stroke first
In the opening minutes the referee gave the visiting team a penalty kick and in the 10th Gabriel Fernández scored the first one of the night from the spot. The home team would answer back quickly and five minutes later, Ángel Zaldivar would equalize the game.
In the second half Juárez took an early lead thanks to Fernández, who scored his first brace of the tournament in Guadalajara. Chivas fought hard to equalize the game once again and the answer came from the bench.
Last minute hero
Jesús Godínez came in as a substitute after the break and in the 89th minute he found the back of the net to make it 2-2. Both teams shared points and Chivas remained in 8th place with four points and a record of 1W-1D-L. They will play away against Santos Laguna on 15 August for matchday 4 of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash