Jovetic lands scoring record that eludes Cristiano and Messi
The Montenegro international scored on his Hertha Berlin debut to become only the second player in history to find the net in all of Europe's "big five" leagues.
Stevan Jovetic made the perfect start to life at Hertha Berlin, netting on his debut for the Bundesliga side after signing this summer from Monaco. The Montenegro captain’s goal wasn’t enough to prevent Hertha from slipping to a 3-1 defeat at FC Köln but it did give the 31-year-old a very elusive record that only one player has achieved before in history: scoring in all of Europe’s so-called big five leagues. Jovetic has now found the net in the Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, equalling the feat of former Romania international striker Florin Raducioiu.
Jovetic, Poulsen and Raducioiu stand alone in "big five" leagues
5/5 – Hertha’s Stevan Jovetic has appeared in each of Europe’s Top 5 leagues, becoming the first player to do so since Christian Poulsen (Poulsen completed the set in September 2011). Traveller. #KOEBSC pic.twitter.com/aGwxx4BWeT— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) August 15, 2021
Jovetic has now scored in the “big five” leagues having found the target for Fiorentina and Inter in Italy, Manchester City, Sevilla, Monaco and Hertha.
Jovetic made the move to the Bundesliga after four seasons in Monaco, in doing so also becoming only the third player to have played in the Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga along with Raducioiu and Christian Poulsen, who like Jovetic also ticked the LaLiga box at Sevilla after spending two seasons at the Sánchez Pizjuán between 2006-08.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?