Aubameyang, Lacazette have been absent with covid, Arsenal confirm
Several players, including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette, tested positive for coronavirus before the defeat to Brentford, the Gunners have revealed.
Arsenal have confirmed that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette, Willian and Alex Runarsson have all been absent with covid-19.
Foursome missed Brentford defeat after testing positive
Head coach Mikel Arteta explained Aubameyang and Lacazette were feeling unwell prior to the Gunners' lacklustre 2-0 defeat at new boys Brentford to begin their Premier League campaign last Friday.
It has now been confirmed the strike duo are part of a quartet who missed that game following a positive covid test, with each player at various stages of their recovery.
Aubameyang in frame to return against Chelsea this weekend
Aubameyang, who scored 10 goals in 29 Premier League outings last term, has now returned a negative result and could be in contention to feature against Chelsea on Sunday.
Willian's situation will be monitored ahead of the clash against his former club, but Lacazette and Runarsson have both been ruled out of the derby clash.
Arsenal offer updates on injured Gabriel, Nketiah and Partey
Arsenal also provided injury updates on Gabriel, Eddie Nketiah and Thomas Partey after being beaten by a newly promoted side in their opening league match of the season for the first time since 1976-77 against Bristol City.
Partey is expected to return to training at the end of August after sustaining an ankle injury in the pre-season friendly against Chelsea.
Nketiah, who suffered an ankle injury in the same game as his team-mate, will be back in training a couple of weeks later in September, while Gabriel is aiming to be back later this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries