Tokyo Paralympics: Greco wins first gold of Games in world record time
Paige Greco only took up para-cycling in 2019 but the 24-year-old Australian claimed 3,000m individual pursuit gold in Tokyo in world record time.
Australian cyclist Paige Greco won the first gold medal of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics in style on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old claimed the 3,000m individual pursuit title at the Izu Velodrome in a world record time of three minutes, 50.815 seconds.
Wang Xiaomei of China won silver and Germany's Denise Schindler took bronze as Greco stole the show.
Greco: "It's not really sunk in yet"
Greco said: "It means so much. When I think about all the people that helped me get here, the staff and all my friends and family, it's amazing. I owe it all to them.
"It feels amazing. I still can't believe it. I keep looking down and seeing [the gold medal]. It's not really sunk in yet."
Grego competed in athletics at the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio and only made her para-cycling debut two years ago.
She will also go for gold in the C1-3 time trial on August 31 before competing in the C1-3 road race four days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game