Weston McKennie breaks Covid-19 protocols for the second time
The player for Juventus was left out of the 1-1 draw between the United States and Canada in Nashville for violating covid-19 protocols.
Weston McKennie has done it again! For the second time since the pandemic started, he violated covid-19 protocols and was left out of the 1-1 draw between the USMNT and Canada on Sunday night in this month's CONCACAF 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
Statement from Weston McKennie
“Unfortunately, I am suspended for tonight’s match due to a violation of team COVID protocols,” McKennie wrote on his social media before the game against Canada. “I am sorry for my actions. I will be cheering hard for the boys tonight and hope to be back with the team soon.”
Juventus are not happy with McKennie, who a few months ago broke Covid-19 protocols by hosting a party last season with the Serie A side. At the time the American player was fined and suspended a few games with Juventus.
During the summer it was rumored that newly-appointed manager Massimiliano Allegri was willing to part ways with McKennie after one year with the team from Turin. This new incident with the national team could spark his exit during the next transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands