Ronaldo: "PSG and the Champions League? I played with the Galácticos for five seasons and we didn't win it..."
Ronaldo reminds us that a star-studded team doesn't guarantee anything: "Winning isn't mathematical, even if you have the best. That also applies to PSG."
Ronaldo Nazario de Lima is a football legend. As a player he was part of Real Madrid's Galácticos team at the beginning of the 21st century and is now president of Real Valladolid. Because of his role as president of the Castilian club, immersed in their struggle to return to Spain's top flight, Ronaldo was interviewed by DAZN as part of its series entitled 'The President'. He then took part in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, in which he reflected on the season that has just begun.
Ronaldo spoke about Real Valladolid, but also discussed international football and PSG's new team full of global stars, including Sergio Ramos and Lionel Messi.
Fan of Mbappé
Ronaldo said he sees himself in Mbappé: "Yes, he has similar characteristics to mine. He has crazy qualities. He has remarkable technique and knows how to use it at great speed. He gets away from defenders with great running ability and skills. And, despite being very young, he has already come a long way. I like Mbappé.
Regarding the stellar Mbappé-Neymar-Messi combination as the recipe for PSG to win their first Champions League, he was clear in his judgement: the stars in the Ligue 1 club's squad do not guarantee success. And he cited his experience at Real Madrid as an example: "It's still too early to say who will win the Champions League. The picture is beginning to take shape in the quarter-finals. Paris Saint-Germain are in pole position, but spoken football is one thing and playing is another. There are many factors that influence matches. I played for Real Madrid for almost five seasons, in the team of the Galácticos and I never won the Champions League. Winning is never mathematical, even if you have the best in your team. That also applies to PSG."
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history