United States investors in Genoa takeover
It was confirmed on Wednesday that North American investment firm 777 Partners will be the majority shareholders of the Serie A Club.
More and more investors from the United States are looking into top-flight clubs around the world and on Wednesday it was announced that 777 Partners will be the majority shareholders of the Italian side. The US investment firm has experience with top-tier European clubs, because they also have a minority stake in Sevilla.
Genoa’s owner is happy with the US investment firm
“I am quite tired and feel the time to leave may be approaching, but at the same time I won’t leave this club to someone unprepared for the task,” said Enrico Preziosi, who would remain as a minority shareholder for three years.
“Genoa is a club with history, which has never gone bankrupt and deserves respect. The talks are ongoing and could take the club towards a future that some aren’t expecting,” he added.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the announcement will become official on 14 September and Enrico Preziosi will become the club’s representative official matters. Preziosi has been the president of the Serie A side since 2003 and will remain in his job at least for three more years.
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future
- NFL Mahomes vs. Allen: the next great NFL quarterback rivalry
- REAL MADRID Benzema home burgled as striker played at the Bernabéu
- TRANSFER MARKET Where has Dusan Vlahovic decided he wants to play?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NBA How many points per game is LeBron James averaging for the Lakers this season?