Chivas has not beaten Pumas on the road since 2014
The last time the team from Guadalajara defeated Pumas at the Estadio Olímpico Universitario was in 2014, when they were managed by Carlos Bustos.
Chivas is the second team with the most titles in the Liga MX (12) but the last time they won it was in 2017, when Matías Almeyda was the coach. Since then they have struggled to become a competitive team and in the 2021 Apertura tournament they have only won two out of eight games.
Chivas' struggles against the best teams in Mexico
On Sunday they went on the road to face Pumas and after 90 minutes they ended in a scoreless draw on matchday 8 of the current campaign. The team from Guadalajara had some late chances, but they were unable to find the back of the net.
Full Time at Olímpico Universitario pic.twitter.com/HpxpTVubvF— Chivas English (@ChivasEN_) September 12, 2021
In the 75th minute Isaac Brizuela gave a pass to Uriel Antuna, who shot the ball but was blocked by the goalkeeper Julio González. The home team would have their chance to score the game opener and in the 83rd minute Chivas’ goalkeeper Raúl Gudiño stepped to the near post and stopped the ball with his right foot.
The game ended in a scoreless draw and with this result Chivas remains in 10th place with 10 points and a record of 2W-4D-2L. The last time they defeated Pumas at the Estadio Olímpico Universitario was in 2014, when they were managed by Carlos Bustos. The final score in that match was 1-0 and Fernando Arce scored for the team from Guadalajara.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'