Mexico will use the green kit during the 2022 Qatar World Cup
If the Mexican national team books their ticket to the next FIFA World Cup the Football Federation have confirmed that their home kit will be green again.
The Mexico national team got off on the right foot in the final round of World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF with two wins and one draw. Mexico defeated Jamaica 2-1 at the Azteca stadium in the opening game of the round-robin tournament thanks to a late goal from Henry Martín.
Then Mexico national on the road for back-to-back games, defeating Costa Rica 1-0 and tying 1-1 against Panama on 8 September. They will return back to action during the FIFA international window of October to host Canada and Honduras, then they will go on the road to play against El Salvador.
Ready for the 2022 FIFA World Cup
Currently Mexico is at the top of the table of the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF with seven points and if they manage to add another seven in the next three games, they will secure their ticket to Qatar next year. On Monday the Mexican Football Federation announced that the national team will use the green kit for the home games during the World Cup.
This comes as a surprise to many because the senior national team has played over 40 games without using their green kit. Mexico has worn their white kit when they play away and the black one when they are at home. The last time they wore the green jersey was back on 16 November 2018 when they faced Argentina at the Mario Alberto Kempes stadium.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22