Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
Having suffered a broken leg, the season is surely over for the Giants' best lineman.
In what appeared to be a run of the mill play the Giants' left guard suffered a horrific injury.
A blow that's hard to take
On Thursday night the New York Giants' ambitions for the 2021 NFL regular season were dealt an unexpected and most definitely unfortunate blow. Facing a Washington Football Team in need of a win, left guard Nick Gates suffered an awful break in his left leg.
In their second offensive possession - and leading 7-0 at the time - Gates appeared to have his leg pinned under defensive lineman Jonathan Allen's body as they fell to the ground. Moments later as the play was flagged, Gates could be seen on the ground in a visible state of distress as his leg hung in an unnatural position. Play was immediately suspended allowing medical staff onto the field. In a show of solidarity the entire Giants team took to the field to encircle their fallen teammate before he was finally taken down the tunnel.
To follow the New York Giants vs Washington Football team LIVE
A season ended
Gates has been one of the Giant's best linemen and confirmation of his lower leg break can only mean complications for New York as his season will surely be over. How severe is the break and what kind of recovery timeline will Gates be working with? Only time will tell.
Te recomendamos en Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?