Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
The former Barcelona midfielder was driving a grey Ferrari and suffered extensive damage to the front of his vehicle, although he was not injured in the accident.
Juventus midfielder Arthur Melo emerged unscathed from a car accident in Turin on Wednesday. The front of the player's grey Ferrari suffered heavy damage in the crash.
Arthur, who is recovering from surgery in July, was driving the vehicle when he was involved in the accident, but was not injured, according to Efe.
Joined Juventus from Barcelona
The Brazil international, who joined Juventus in the summer of 2020 in a swap deal with Barcelona for Miralem Pjanic, should be available to head coach Massimiliano Allegri again after the October international break.
In his first season in Turin, the midfielder made 32 appearances and scored one goal, winning the Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup along the way.
Crash in Catalonia
In August 2020, the 25-year-old reportedly tested positive for alcohol following an early-morning crash involving his Ferrari. According to the report, after being breathalysed by Catalan police, Arthur was found to have 0.55mg of alcohol per litre of exhaled air, which is enough to warrant a criminal penalty as the limit is 0.50 mg per litre.
The accident reportedly occurred at four in the morning in the centre of the town of Palafrugell, in the province of Girona, when the player’s vehicle mounted the footpath and collided with a lamp post.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?