PSG: Neymar laments the end of 'Jogo Bonito' after Paquetá card
PSG forward Neymar told fans to enjoy trickery on the pitch while they can after Lyon's Lucas Paquetá was carded for tormenting an opponent in Troyes win.
Neymar provided the assist for Achraf Hakimi's late winner against Metz on Wednesday, while Lyon saw off Troyes 3-1 with the help of a Lucas Paquetá strike. The former AC Milan midfielder has regained his form since moving to the Ligue 1 side and has four goals in eight games so far this season, but his trickery earned him a yellow card late on at the Groupama Stadium as the 24-year-old was deemed to have provoked an opponent with a trick. Neymar reacted to the caution for his international teammate by sounding the death knell for Jogo Bonito (the beautiful game), the Brazilian ethos of playing with style for the enjoyment of all concerned.
Paquetá picked up for attempted rainbow flick
Paquetá was on the touchline and attempted to flick the ball over the head of his opponent. The referee gave a throw-in instead of the Lyon player's requested free kick for handall and showed Paquetá the yellow card, which Neymar took to be as a result of the attempted sombrero.
"This is a very sad scene, showing a yellow card for a dribble... a technical move is a solution, it doesn't matter where on the pitch it is performed or in what minute of the game. This happened to me last season. And this season it's Paquetá. Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning. The famous Jogo Bonito is finished. Enjoy it while you can."
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid