Sergio Ramos still sidelined and yet to make his debut for PSG
The central defender still has not been given a date when he can return to the field of play and PSG are losing patience. He still hasn't made his debut.
Sergio Ramos joined PSG before Leo Messi, and his signing generated a frenzy among the fans, but his constant injury problems have now become a serious concern. Since he moved to the French capital in July, the ex-Real Madrid captain has not played a single minute for his new club and nobody can specify an exact date when he will be able to return to the field of play.
Ramos debut on hold due to calf injury
At the end of July, Ramos was suffering from muscular pains which impeded him from playing during the entire pre-season and the start of the new campaign. Initially, PSG reported that the defender would be fit to play after the international break in September. However, a new injury, this time affecting his calf, meant he is back in the casualty room.
As things stand, PSG have yet to put a date on Ramos' return in any of the medical reports issued concerning the player's fitness and it looks highly unlikely that he will appear in this weekend's league meeting with Rennes. While Ramos' objective is to play as soon as possible, neither Mauricio Pochettino nor PSG's medical staff are prepared to take any unnecessary risks and won't give the player a run-out until he has completely recovered from his calf problem.
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is Roe v Wade in law? What happened in 1973?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?
- Ballon d' Or Casillas baffled by Ballon d'Or outcome
- PSG must find best tactical balance without injured Neymar – Pochettino
- BUNDESLIGA Why are Bayern Munich playing games behind closed doors?
- USMNT Gio Reyna returns to training with Borussia Dortmund