Who are the 2021 World Series announcers?
Joe Buck and John Smoltz call their sixth consecutive postseason together as the World Series’ dynamic duo, on Tuesday at Minute Maid Park in Houston.
As the Houston Astros and Atlanta Braves face off in Houston tonight in the 2021 World Series, the Emmy Award winning duo of Joe Buck and John Smoltz is set to call the game for a sixth straight season together.
Smoltz serves as the color analyst, Buck announces the games play-by-play, while Ken Rosenthal and Tom Verducci present as field reporters.
Joe Buck and John Smoltz at the World Series
Smoltz and Buck are a good example to the Broadcasting world, even if they're not everyone's favorite duo to listen to. They both bring knowledge and experience to the games they cover, and they play off of each other's different strengths.
It did not take much time for the two of them to build a working relationship that shined through some of baseball’s biggest moments.
“It's as if we had always worked together," Smoltz said. "Joe is amazing. I feel like it’s not work at all. I just can't believe how much fun it is to do a game knowing there's no stress. There's the continuity, and you almost could close your eyes and I know when I can talk, when he's going to talk, and that's actually pretty good.”
John Smoltz, eight-time All-Star
These two are more than just announcers who have great synergy in the booth. They both also have a special connection to this World Series Matchup.
This season marks Buck’s 24th World Series, and 22nd straight, “I was 27 in the World Series in ‘96, and pitching for the Atlanta Braves was John Smoltz,” Buck said. “He was a part of the first World Series I did, and now I get to sit next to him and call the 24th World Series that I've done, so that's cool to me.”
John Smoltz HOF resume:— Pro Sports Outlook (@PSO_Sports) May 16, 2021
- 8x All-Star
- 1996 NL Cy Young
- 1995 Champion
- 2002 RP of the Year & Saves (55) Leader
- 1996 MLB Wins (24) & Ks (276) Leader
- 1997 NL Silver Slugger
- #29 retired by #Braves
- Only pitcher with 200+ Wins & 150+ SV pic.twitter.com/cq20zvNZWz
The first-ballot Hall of Famer, Smoltz, played 20 of 21 seasons for the Braves, with 1995 being the year they won it all.
“Everybody in the world is going to know I played 20 years for the Atlanta Braves, but that doesn't change my broadcast,” said the legendary Smoltz.
☑️ World Series Champions— FOX Sports PR (@FOXSportsPR) March 31, 2021
☑️ Hall of Famers
☑️ Award-Winning Announcers and Reporters
FOX Sports sets an elite roster for its coverage of the 2021 @MLB regular season, beginning with an impressive opening weekend lineup.
🔗: https://t.co/St220NnBm8 pic.twitter.com/Gy2A0Izzb9
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play