Barcelona: Agüero suffered a heart arrhythmia during Alavés game
The Barcelona forward underwent cardiology tests which revealed an irregular heartbeat, Sport and EFE confirmed on Sunday.
Sergio Agüero suffered a heart arrhythmia during Barcelona's league meeting with Alavés on Saturday, which forced him to quit the game during the first half. The Argentine forward was taken off on 40 minutes after worrying images of him holding his hand to his upper torso. Agüero fell the floor and complained of feeling dizzy. He was replaced by Philippe Coutinho on 41 minutes. Sport report that the player has undergone a series of tests which have revealed irregularities to his heart rhythm and more in-depth tests will be conducted to find out what is causing the problem. They add that the player's condition is good. EFE also confirmed that Agüero had suffered an arrhythmia but did not give any updates on the player's current condition.
After being substituted, Agüero was taken to hospital, where he underwent an examination. Initially, the club issued a medical report stating that the player had suffered "chest discomfort". He experienced trouble breathing which prompted medical staff to undergo the standard cardiac protocol. Agüero looked calm and relaxed and was able to leave the field on his own two feet.
The Argentinean had to wait until 12 October to make his debut for Barça due to a muscle problem but it appears that this new concern is something different. According to El País, Agüero suffered an arrhythmia 10 days ago. He is currently under observation in hospital.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich