Gerardo Martino receives support from the Mexican FA
In the last international break the Mexico national team lost in back-to-back games against the USMNT and Canada and dropped to third place in the qualifiers.
The Mexico national team only needed three wins to secure their spot to the 2022 FIFA World Cup prior to the two last qualifying games of the year. ‘El Tri’ went on the road in back-to-back games and lost 2-0 against the United States and then 2-1 against Canada.
Martino in the hot seat
The latest results put the head coach of the Mexican national team, Gerardo Martino in the hot seat with six games left in the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF. ‘El Tri’ will have one last exhibition game to end the year and they will play against Chile in hopes that Martino can find players to help him in the rest of the qualifiers.
“We knew that the FIFA international window of November was going to be complicated and we accepted the two defeats in Edmonton and Cincinnati. There is a lot to learn from those defeated and we trust that Gerardo Martino changes the course of the team in January,” said the president of the Mexican soccer federation Yon de Luisa.
Support for Gerardo Martino
“Gerardo Martino has our full support and he is under contract with the Mexico national team. He will continue as the head coach until the end of the 2022 FIFA World Cup,” added de Luisa. At the same time the president of the Mexican soccer federation said that the national team will continue to play at the Azteca stadium, despite the rumors that they could play elsewhere.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats