TENNIS | FED CUP
Spain arrive in Serbia to begin Fed Cup campaign
The national team, coached by Conchita Martínez, start their bid for promotion to the World Group with Muguruza and Suárez both on board.
Spain's Fed Cup team have touched down in Kraljevo where they will begin their campaign to ascend from the World Group II to the elite draw against Serbia this weekend. Spain coach Conchita Martínez has picked her strongest team for the clash, with world number five Garbiñe Muguruza and world number eight Carla Suárez available to play the singles rubbers. The doubles pairing will be led by veteran specialist Lourdes Domingo, with Laura Arruabarrena, who is ranked 30 in doubles, her likely partner.
Serbia's trump card is former world number one Jelena Jankovic, who will play the singles rubbers supported by world number 87 Bojana Jovanovski. The home side is completed by youngsters Ivana Jorovic and Nina Stojakovic.
"The team is very united and the home crowd will be a huge boost for us," Jankovic said.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUMOUR MILL Saudi crown prince to make new Man United offer - rumours
- Manchester United won't wait 30 years for title – Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool
- MALLORCA 1 - 0 REAL MADRID "We didn't lack motivation or intensity” - Marcelo after Real Madrid's defeat to Mallorca
- LALIGA Mallorca record famous win over Real Madrid
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle