Carla Suárez moves up to 6th in world rankings
The Spaniard has risen to a career-best sixth in the WTA world rankings following her win in the Doha tournament on Saturday.
It was just the second top-tier title of the Spaniard's career and it moved her up five places just ahead of Maria Sharapova who is down one place.
Serena Williams, who has missed the last two tournaments due to injury remains well in front in top place ahead of Australian Open winner Angelique Kerber, while Spain's Garbine Muguruza is up one place to fourth.
WTA top 20:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9,245 pts
2. Angelique Kerber (GER) 5,700
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 5,450
4. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 4,831 (+1)
5. Simona Halep (ROM) 4,745 (-1)
6. Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) 4,015 (+5)
7. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 3,562 (-1)
8. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 3,505 (-1)
9. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 3,483 (-1)
10. Roberta Vinci (ITA) 3,455
11. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 3,422 (-1)
12. Venus Williams (USA) 3,082 (+1)
13. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 2,823 (-1)
14. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) 2,719 (+1)
15. Viktoria Azarenka (BLR) 2,660 (-1)
16. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 2,640
17. Sara Errani (ITA) 2,595
18. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 2,535 (+3)
19. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 2,530 (-1)
20. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 2,525 (-1)
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?