Del Bosque, his squad, South Korea, Euro 2016
The Spanish national side are trying to break away from the reverberations of our two European finals. The day before yesterday they disposed of Bosnia (with two crackers from Nolito!) and yesterday Del Bosque polished off his squad list, justifying the merits of the cover brought in and one of these, Bellerín, has been added to replace the injured Carvajal. That’s life; one person’s pain is another’s opportunity. Another option was available, Mario, who played many of the qualifying games yet will not be going because the squad is strong and has its merits. That’s football, like life itself. Opportunities appear and disappear on a whim.
The exclusion of Isco and Saúl has caused a stir. Later today there is a game in Salzburg (one of the most beautiful cities I know), against South Korea. Still missing will be those players from Madrid and Atlético, who get to enjoy a “mini-vacation” that has already run out for national cup finalists in Spain, England, Portugal and Germany, who are ready for the game today. One thing or another reminds us that the Euros are almost here. They start on Friday, June 10, virtually no time at all. Spain, though, won’t be involved until Monday 13, against the Czech Republic.
Today, as I said, it’s South Korea. The coach is an old acquaintance, Uli Stielike. South Korea drag up bad memories, the refereeing of Al Gandour in the World Cup they shared with Japan. It was all embezzled. But they don’t believe we still remain irked by that. Since then, this will be the third friendly we have played against them. There was one in Innsbruck in 2010 and another in Berne in 2012. This is the third. Anyone who thinks that has anything to do with the fact that Gorka Villar, son of the president of the Spanish FA, is married to a Korean has a twisted mind. The previous two games we won and hopefully we’ll do likewise today. Anyway, the Euros are coming.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?