As the national sides around Europe put in their final preparations for the showpiece tournament that kicks off in just a few days, the last of the players to make up their numbers are returning from their post-Champions League 'bonus' breaks.
Talisman Cristiano Ronaldo teamed up with the Portugal squad in Oeiras, just outside Lisbon, arriving in a car driven by a friend but did not make any statements to the press. Pepe arrived shortly afterwards. Four days before Portugal's scheduled arrival in France, they were both expected to take part in Sunday's training with Fernando Santos' squad.
Ronaldo missed his country's 1-0 friendly defeat to England at Wembley on Thursday because he was given this extra time to recover from a long season culminating in the Champions League final where his Real Madrid side beat neighbours Atlético. Although many feel he looked somewhat off the boil, possibly due to tiredness after a long campaign, it was his penalty that was decisive in the shoot-out.
As part of his extended break he was photographed aboard a yacht off the Spanish Balearic island of Ibiza and Portugal fans will be hoping that he has returned fully refreshed and raring to go. He should play at least some of the game against Estonia in a final friendly on June 8, two days before Euro 2016 starts.
Portugal will face Iceland in Saint-Etienne in their Group F opener on June 14 with Austria and Hungary to follow in the group.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?