Atlético Madrid are working hard this summer to bring in the star signings that will persuade coach Diego Simeone to stay at the club. Apart from a top-class striker, a quality midfielder is also on the Rojoblanco wishlist.
On Tuesday various media outlets in Britain reported that the Vicente Calderon outfit is interested in West Ham’s Dimitri Payet – the player responsible for saving France’s skin last Friday night in their Euro 2016 opener against Romania.
A centre-midfielder, who can also play on either wing, Payet would be a fantastic addition to the Atlético team, and one that could particularly bring out the best of compatriot Antoine Griezmann.
Football's hottest property
However, the problem is that Payet – after his heroics this season at Upton Park, as well the star role he’s already played at Euro 2016 – is one of football’s hottest properties with a price tag to come with it. West Ham will neither be keen to let him go, recently declaring the player untransferable.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United