Diego Costa going to pull out all the stops to get back to Atlético
Diego Costa wants to be under Simeone's orders at Atlético Madrid on 7 July. And the striker is going to do whatever it takes to make the move possible now Chelsea are willing to let him move on.
Back in January Atlético offered 42 million euros for Costa, but Chelsea didn't want to sell. There was no way of convincing Roman Abramovich, the billionaire Russian boss at Stamford Bridge, given the terrible season Chelsea were suffering.
Six months later, things have changed; Chelsea are in the market for a new top class number 9 (Morata is Conte's preferred option), meaning Costa should have his chance to get back to Atleti.
Costa only has one plan
Costa isn't considering any other option than re-joining Atleti. He's constantly on the phone to the club, his former teammates and his agent Jorge Mendes to try and force the deal.
The Brazilian born Spaniard doesn't want to live in London anymore; he only wants to be playing football under Simeone. And one of the demands the Atleti coach made of Gil Marín when he agreed to stay at the club was to bring Costa back. The Atleti executive is going to do whatever possible, and even impossible, to try and satisfy that request.
Gil has already signed Nico Gaitán, a demand of Cholo's from last season that the Atleti director couldn't make happen back then. Now Gil is ready to bring back Costa, and he's got the 42 million euros he got from the sale of Jackson Martínez just ready to do the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon
- LALIGA Valencia president in Barcelona negotiating Rodrigo sale
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Cavani: Atlético signing imminent - player sources