"Cristiano used to do press-up competitions in the shower"
"I can do more press-ups than you in the shower after training", was the challenge laid down to Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal teammates, reveals one member of the A Selecção side.
Jose Fonte, Southampton and Portugal centre-back and teammate of Cristiano Ronaldo in the national team revealed on Wednesday that he's seen the Real Madrid forward "doing press-ups even in the shower".
It happened when Fonte, only 13 at the time, was in the Sporting Lisbon academy. One day he went into the changing room and found Cristiano doing press-ups in the shower:
"I remember him doing press-ups in the shower. He used to challenege everyone saying: "Bet I can do more press-ups in the shower after training. And he could. More than anyone else. It showed how competitive he is", said Fonte.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher