Cristiano Ronaldo is working to try and get fit in time for the European Supercup on 9 August against Sevilla. It’ll be difficult for the Portuguese to recover, but he won’t give up and has done something not many footballers do: brought a personal trainer with him on his vacation.
Ronaldo injured himself on 10 July in the final of Euro 2016 (a grade one sprain of the internal lateral ligament in his left knee) and ever since 12 July, after celebrations with his national side in Portugal, he started his recuperation despite it being his time off with friends and family in Ibiza.
Ronaldo remains a doubt
Nevertheless, the Real Madrid striker will still struggle to make it in time for the Supercup in Norway. Medics informed AS the day after Cristiano’s injury that recovery would take at least six weeks. Ronaldo is already able to run, but any impact could worsen the problem.
Besides his personal trainer, the Portuguese has also being going to a clinic in Ibiza to have sessions in a hyperbaric chamber. There is a total agreement with Madrid, as neither club nor player wants to lose the first title of the season.
Zidane to have last word
The Los Blancos number seven won’t forget that two years ago, also against Sevilla, he scored two goals in Real Madrid’s Supercup triumph in Cardiff (destination of this season’s Champion’s League final), which further underlined his claim to the Balon d’Or (he won it five months after). In any case, Zidane will have the least word. The French coach has followed a clear rule since he arrived last season: not to force any player back from injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'