England set new one-day record of 444-3 against Pakistan
England set a new record for a one-day international total, reaching 444-3 against Pakistan at Trent Bridge. Pakistan failed to reach the epic target, making 275 all out.
New one-day record for England
England recorded the highest-ever team total in a one-day international, making 444 for three against Pakistan at Trent Bridge on Tuesday. They then went on to win the match, as Pakistan could only muster 275 all out in reply, giving England a win by 169 runs.
Previous record held by Sri Lanka
England's total surpassed the previous high watermark of 443 for nine by Sri Lanka, recorded against the Netherlands at Amstelveen in 2006.
It was also the highest ODI total in a match between two Test nations, topping South Africa's 439 for two against the West Indies at Johannesburg last year.
Hales the home hero
Alex Hales, on his Nottinghamshire home ground, made an England ODI record 171.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game