Carlos Vela abandons Mexico and flies home for son's birth
The Real Sociedad striker was granted special permission to return to San Sebastián where his partner is in hospital and about to give birth to their first son.Germany v Mexico live
Carlos Vela was given permission to quit the Mexico camp on Saturday to return to San Sebastián where his partner has entered into labour and is expected give birth to their first son, Romeo, in the next few hours.
Last month the Real Sociedad announced recently that he is about to become a father for the first time and it's one of the reasons why he has looked so happy on the pitch, and recovered his form of old. He put in a huge performance for Mexico this weekend, helping the team log a 1-2 win over the United States which held extra intrigue following Donald Trump's victory in the presidential elections.
Real Sociedad coach Eusebio will also be glad to have Vela back earlier than expected; it means that the player, who was due back in San Sebastián on Wednesday, will now be able to rejoin the squad to start preparing for Sunday's league game against Sporting de Gijón.
*Update 12 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?