Carlos Vela abandons Mexico and flies home for son's birth
The Real Sociedad striker was granted special permission to return to San Sebastián where his partner is in hospital and about to give birth to their first son.Germany v Mexico live
Carlos Vela was given permission to quit the Mexico camp on Saturday to return to San Sebastián where his partner has entered into labour and is expected give birth to their first son, Romeo, in the next few hours.
Last month the Real Sociedad announced recently that he is about to become a father for the first time and it's one of the reasons why he has looked so happy on the pitch, and recovered his form of old. He put in a huge performance for Mexico this weekend, helping the team log a 1-2 win over the United States which held extra intrigue following Donald Trump's victory in the presidential elections.
Real Sociedad coach Eusebio will also be glad to have Vela back earlier than expected; it means that the player, who was due back in San Sebastián on Wednesday, will now be able to rejoin the squad to start preparing for Sunday's league game against Sporting de Gijón.
*Update 12 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami