Carlos Vela abandons Mexico and flies home for son's birth
The Real Sociedad striker was granted special permission to return to San Sebastián where his partner is in hospital and about to give birth to their first son.Germany v Mexico live
Carlos Vela was given permission to quit the Mexico camp on Saturday to return to San Sebastián where his partner has entered into labour and is expected give birth to their first son, Romeo, in the next few hours.
Last month the Real Sociedad announced recently that he is about to become a father for the first time and it's one of the reasons why he has looked so happy on the pitch, and recovered his form of old. He put in a huge performance for Mexico this weekend, helping the team log a 1-2 win over the United States which held extra intrigue following Donald Trump's victory in the presidential elections.
Real Sociedad coach Eusebio will also be glad to have Vela back earlier than expected; it means that the player, who was due back in San Sebastián on Wednesday, will now be able to rejoin the squad to start preparing for Sunday's league game against Sporting de Gijón.
*Update 12 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?