Mayweather dismisses McGregor comparisons as "total disrespect"
Floyd Mayweather is sick of the comparisons being made between himself and the UFC superstar.
Floyd Mayweather does not care much for the recent Conor McGregor comparisons after the Irish UFC superstar finished Eddie Alvarez in the second round of their main event fight at UFC 205.
McGregor made history by becoming the first fighter to ever hold belts in different divisions at the same time but Mayweather doesn't want to hear about it.
"I didn't know Conor McGregor was undefeated," Mayweather told TMZ via MMAFighting.com. "I didn't know that he had a reign in MMA for 20 years undefeated and was world champion in five different weight classes."
"If you're saying he's the Floyd Mayweather of the MMA, I'm trying to find out: have you ever made $300 million in one night? Have you ever made $100 million in one night? Have you ever made $70 million in one night?
Elephants don't beef with ants
"I'm a legend, a living legend," Mayweather said. "I think that it's time for Conor McGregor to go out there and do what he do, but never compare Conor McGregor to me. That's a total disrespect. Once again, I'm an elephant. An elephant don't beef with ants. An elephant is so large, he don't even see ants."
McGregor has since responded saying he wants $100 million to fight Mayweather and also stating that he is "afraid of a real fight."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online