The return of some big hitters
Two of the biggest names in the WTA circuit are getting themselves ready for a return to the court in 2017. Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams, are back hitting balls as they prepare to get the new season started well.
As seen on their social media sites both women have rackets in hand and are working on fitness levels and sharpness as they look to make an impression on the rankings. In the case of the Russian, she will have to wait to make her competitive comeback until April after sanctions were imposed on her due to taking banned substance meldonium.
Putting in the seconds, minutes, hours 🎾🎾 pic.twitter.com/bUPbOSlSrC— Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova) 1 de diciembre de 2016
Ranking and records
The American star is hoping to reclaim her world number one ranking which is currently being held by Angelique Kerber. Another German will be in her sights too as she aims to stand alone in the record books of most Grand Slam titles in the women's game. Steffi Graf and Serena both have 22.
- United States of America
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale