Barcelona striker Neymar is suffering from muscle fatigue but no serious injury after Saturday's 1-1 draw with arch rivals Real Madrid, the club said on Monday.
The Brazil star was substituted just before Sergio Ramos's dramatic late equaliser in El Clasico and had complained of pain in his right leg.
"No sign of any injury"
"The FC Barcelona medical services conducted tests on Neymar this Monday morning and were able to confirm that the trouble he is feeling is due to muscle fatigue in the groin area," the club said in a statement.
"They also determined that there is no sign of any injury," it added, with Neymar to undergo physiotherapy over the course of the next few days before returning to training.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online