Atlético work on sharpening strikeforce
Simeone discussed Griezmann's goal drought ahead of their visit to Villarreal, putting it down to "what happens in his position".
In front of goal
Atlético Madrid spent the final training session before their trip to Villarreal on Monday evening (20:45, CET) focusing on their wavering strikeforce, particularly Antoine Griezmann. The Frenchman hasn't found the back of the net since his strike against PSV on 23 November, and in La Liga has now gone seven games without a goal.
Simeone referred to Griezmann's goal drought during his pre-match press conference, putting the current situation down to "what happens in his position". Gameiro scored his last goal at El Sadar and lacked sharpness against Espanyol, while Torres hasn't seen the net bulge since he scored twice against Sporting in September.
Possible Atlético XI:
Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Tiago, Gabi, Koke; Gameiro and Griezmann.
Moyá, Oblak, Godín, Savic, Vrsaljko, Lucas, Juanfran, Giménez, Tiago, Koke, Saúl, Carrasco, Gabi, Gaitán, Thomas, Griezmann, Fernando Torres, Correa and Gameiro.
- Roque Mesa942Passes
*Update 11 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu