"If Pogba cost €105m, then Aubameyang would fetch €150m"
Writing in his column for Sport Bild, Germany legend Lothar Matthäus says Real Madrid target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would break the transfer record if Borussia Dortmund decided to sell him
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is now the most valuable player in the world according to Germany legend, Lothar Matthaus.
Aubameyang, who’s regularly been liked with a move to Real Madrid over recent months, has become a key player for Borussia Dortmund since arriving from Saint-Etienne in 2013.
Bundesliga top scorer
The Gabonese forward scored 25 goals in 31 games last season and has already netted 16 times in just 15 matches during this campaign, making him Bundesliga’s current top goalscorer (despite Dortmund currently trailing leaders Bayern by nine points).
Although the 27-year old is contracted at the German club until 2020, a number of Europe’s top sides are tracking the player, and many believe if Dortmund do decide to sell then they can expect a possible transfer-record-breaking fee.
"Aubameyang makes the difference, Pogba doesn't"
Lothar Matthaus is one such person who thinks Aubameyang would fetch more than Paul Pogba, who Manchester United signed for a record €105m from Juventus in the summer.
“If a player like Pogba cost €105m,” wrote Matthaus in his column for Sport Bild, “then Aubameyang could go for up to €150m. He’s a player who makes the difference. Pogba doesn’t.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift