Morata: Real Madrid striker up for Juventus return, says report
Corriere dello Sport claims Álvaro Morata is already unsettled at Real Madrid and would be open to a summer move back to the Italians.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
Real Madrid centre-forward Álvaro Morata could seek a return to Serie A champions Juventus, according to a report in the Italian media on Tuesday.
Morata has not enjoyed the game time he had hoped for since re-signing for first club Real after two years in Turin, making just six LaLiga starts this season.
Striker reportedly already considering future
And Corriere dello Sport says he is starting to wonder whether going back to Madrid was the right move, and would be keen on the idea of rejoining Juve.
Indeed, the newspaper claims that the Spain international has let his former Bianconeri team-mates know of his interest in returning to Juventus Stadium.
Morata is said not to be put off by his tough start to his final term at Juve - where at this stage of the campaign he had played only 148 minutes more than this year - or the competition he'd face for a striking berth from the likes of Gonzalo Higuaín.
Juve deal a non-starter this winter
Such a switch would not happen until the summer, as Real are currently serving a FIFA transfer ban and would be unable to bring in a replacement this January.
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup